Christmas Giving & Serving
Christmas Giving: 3 ways to Give
- CrossPointe Kidz Food Drive benefitting Lake Dallas Food Pantry.Canned food collection Nov. 4, 11, 18, 25.
- Lake Cities Spirit of Christmas Angel Tree. Take an angel. Bring a gift. Angels available Nov. 18 and 25, Dec. 2. Gifts due Dec. 9
- Mission Denton Christmas Store benefitting parents in need. New or gently used gift basket item collection Nov. 4 and 11. (suggested donations: new and gently used items that would be good gifts for moms and dads. like candles, purses, coffee mugs, small home decor, Christmas decor, lotion, cologne, devotional books, new t-shirts (for men), small tools, flashlights, new cosmetics, etc.)
Christmas Serving: 4 ways to Serve
- Lake Cities Spirit of Christmas Angel Tree Gift Wrapping Fri. Dec. 14 @ Lake Dallas Middle School, 325 E. Hundley Drive, Lake Dallas, 7pm - ? (ADULTS ONLY Please).
- Mission Denton Christmas Store Gift Basket Assembly Wed. Nov 14, 9:30-2:00 @ Southmont Baptist Church, 2801 Pennsylvania Drive, Denton.
- Mission Denton Christmas Store Set Up Tues. Nov. 27 10:00-2:00 and Thurs. Nov. 29 10:00-12:00 @ Southmont Baptist Church, 2801 Pennsylvania Drive, Denton.
- Christmas Store. Kids shop free gift baskets for their parents. Each year Mission Denton brings the kids from their locations to the Southmont campus for their Christmas Store. The kids see a dramatic presentation (including a presentation of the gospel), eat, play, and then get to “shop” for gifts for their parents. There are several ways people can help out. Volunteer to drive, serve, supervise or help shop. Sat. Dec. 1 9:00 am to 6:00 pm @ Southmont Baptist Church, 2801 Pennsylvania Drive, Denton.
Christmas Store Dec. 1 Service Opportunities:
Guides 9:45 to 1:45 (stay with one group of kids as they go from one activity to another)
Crafts 10:00 to 1:00 (help kids complete a Christmas craft)
Gym 10:30 to 1:30 (supervise and play with kids in the gym)
Shopping 11:00 to 2:00 (help kids select gifts for their parents)
Wrapping 11:00 to 2:00 (help kids wrap gifts for their parents)
Clean Up 1:30 to 3:00 (help clean up)
for more info or to sign up contact Amy Pierce: email@example.com
Ask your Pointe Group leader about serving as a group!